Whenever telephone calls exist, spam calls won’t come to an end.
But it’s true that spam calls are 100% annoying. Based on the report on CNET, the US Federal Communications Commission has prioritized fighting illegal robocalls over the past few years, and the agency continues to turn up the heat in 2022. Almost everyone needs to receive at least one call from telemarketers each day. Spam text messages, however, are sneakier than spam calls, coming to be seen on your smartphone screen. They don’t come from another phone but mostly from a computer and no cost is needed to transfer them.
No matter spam calls or spam text messages, the background “knowledge” is the same. They reach your number accurately. Have you ever doubted why it’s you and your number that’s targeted? How to stop spam calls? How to stop spam text messages on smartphones, then? Here comes the answer below.
Why Report Spam Calls and Texts?
One basic method to protect against spam calls and texts is to add a “shield” to your number so that your number alone tells others you hate robocalls or telemarketing calls. That’s the Do Not Call Registry.
If you register your number on National Do Not Call Registry List, you’re implying that you never expect to be bothered by telemarketing calls or sales calls. You’re also suggested to report fraud calls or texts to FTC so that the number will be on the list with the numbers consumers never expect.
Although not all unwanted calls and texts can be blocked with the above solutions, it’s still a fundamental method to use to stop from being interrupted by spam calls and texts. On one hand, both methods are totally free. On the other hand, the service will never expire. Once your smartphone number gets on the Do Not Call Registry List, the service will work all the time unless you deliberately halt it.
How to Report Spam Calls and Texts?
- Step 1. Go to the official website of Do Not Call Registry and click the “register” link.
- Step 2. On the register page, you can either verify if your number has been registered previously or directly register your number.
- Step 3. Enter the numbers (up to 3) you want to register together with your email address and click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Step 4. Check your email inbox and click the verification link to finish the registry.
- Then, you need to wait for some days to finally register your phone number on the Do Not Call List.
Do Not Call Registry Fail to Stop All Unwanted Calls
As you finish up registering Do Not Call Registry, it doesn’t mean you’ll be totally isolated from unwanted calls, though. Only the sales calls from real and legitimate companies will be blocked since the sales won’t make calls to the numbers on the Do Not Call Registry List of FTC. Nevertheless, the numbers from small companies or small businesses may not be blocked like that. In addition, some calls from VOIP numbers can seldom be blocked and those from the organizations like charities or elections are also difficult to be blocked.
It’s Better to Block than to Report Spam Calls and Texts.
Reporting spam calls to an organization is just the beginning. Your essential aim is to block or stop them from harassing you.
Here comes an optimal solution to that – use a spam call blocker app like RealCall.
RealCall all-in-one features to help block spam calls and texts via
- Auto Block Over 99% of Unwanted Calls
- Accurate Detection and Smart Blocking of SMS Fraud
- Meet Answer Bots to Fool Telemarketers, Scammers, etc.
- Custom Block Calls in Categories
- Know Who’s Calling You, Based on Our Powerful DataBase
No need to report spam numbers to any organization, just enjoy a silent world with RealCall.