Unknown phone numbers, which are usually designated as “Private,” “No Caller ID,” or “Restricted,” can be a consistent source of irritation and intrusion on your Samsung device. These calls could come from telemarketers, spammers, or even troublesome friends. Samsung devices, thankfully, offer a variety of choices for blocking these unknown numbers and regaining control of your phone. This article will look at the various ways to ban unauthorized callers on Samsung devices so that you can have a more enjoyable phone conversation.
1. Use Samsung’s Built-in Call Blocking Feature
Samsung smartphones come equipped with a native call-blocking feature that allows you to block unknown numbers or specific contacts easily. Here’s how to enable it:
- Open the Phone app on your Samsung device.
- Access the “Recent” or “Call log” tab to view your call history.
- Locate the unknown number you wish to block and tap on it to open its details.
- Select the “Block/report spam” option.
- Confirm your decision to block the unknown number.
Once blocked, calls from that number will be automatically diverted to voicemail, and your device won’t ring for those specific callers.
2. Block Unknown Numbers through the Contacts App
Another way to block unknown numbers on your Samsung device is through the Contacts app. This method allows you to block numbers from your contact list as well as unknown numbers that aren’t saved in your phone. Follow these steps:
- Open the Contacts app on your Samsung device.
- Find the contact or number you want to block (for unknown numbers, you may need to create a new contact entry with a generic name like “Spam Caller”).
- Open the contact’s details.
- Tap on the three-dot menu (often located in the top-right corner).
- Select “Block contact” or “Block number” from the options provided.
3. Enable “Block Unknown Callers” Setting
Newer Samsung devices running Android 10 or later versions have a specific setting called “Block unknown callers.” When this feature is enabled, your phone will automatically send unknown callers directly to voicemail, saving you from unnecessary interruptions. Here’s how to enable it:
- Go to your Samsung device’s “Settings.”
- Tap on “Advanced features” or “Calls.”
- Look for the “Block unknown callers” option.
- Toggle the switch to enable this feature.
4. Third-Party Call Blocking Apps
It’s the easiest and the most effective to block scam calls and texts and robocalls via a call-blocking app like RealCall. It guards your phone from risky numbers and contacts. Apart from automatically blocking all unwanted calls behind the screen, RealCall also can filter necessary and normal calls based on the customized blocking rules set by you. Due to the AI technology and machine learning, RealCall gives users the highest protection. The more you use it, the better it works for you.
Due to the overwhelming amount of telemarketer calls from unknown numbers, it is essential to block telemarketer calls on your Samsung smartphone. By using Samsung’s built-in call-blocking features, activating the “Block unknown callers” setting, or using third-party call-blocking apps, you may effectively avoid these annoying interruptions and benefit from a more pleasant calling experience. Make sure your device has the newest features, and keep an eye out to protect your privacy and mental health.