Where is the 805 Area Code?
The 805 area code is located in California and covers the counties of Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura. It has a single overlay (820) that serves the same area. California is a state on the western Pacific coast of the United States, with the state government located in Sacramento. It is bordered by Oregon to the north, Nevada and Arizona to the east, Mexico to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. With an area of 411013km², its name is taken from that of a small island in Spanish legend. There is Redwood National Park in the northwest corner of California; Yosemite National Park and Kings Canyon National Park on the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the east; Death Valley National Park and Joshua Tree National Park in the southeast. The world-famous “Hollywood” and “Silicon Valley” are both within the state.
California is the most agriculturally developed state in the United States. Agricultural land accounts for 30% of the state. Mainly for irrigated agriculture. There are hundreds of agricultural and animal husbandry products. The output of sugar cane, vegetables, and fruits ranks prominent in the country, the output of cotton is the second; the output of rice is the second; it is important to milk, egg, and meat production area in the country; the central valley is the most prosperous agricultural area. Forestry is developed and it is one of the three major timber-producing states in the country.
The Time Zone of 805 Area Code
The 805 area code is situated in the Pacific time zone, which is also known as America/Los Angeles. The Pacific Time zone has its hours set at eight hours behind the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-8:00) and in the summertime advances by an hour (UTC-7:00) to make way for daylight savings time. Standard time is observed from early November to mid-March and Pacific Daylight Time is observed from mid-March to early November.
Is 805 Area Code a scam?
Many users in the area have reported numerous area code 805 scams. Recently, a scam involving the 805 area code has been circulating online. The scammers posed as members of the Social Security Administration said they were coordinating with the Santa Barbara Police Department, asked for personal information and money, and threatened if they didn’t follow. Because the 805 area code covers a wide geographic area, you can also have a scammer posing as an IRS agent or bank official claiming to request a debt restructuring. Therefore, everyone should be vigilant against scams. If called by a scammer, please don’t provide any personal information, hang up immediately and block. To be on the safe side, do not answer calls from numbers you are not familiar with. If you frequently receive calls from the area code 805 number and you have nothing to do with the number being called, it is recommended that you block the number. Otherwise, you may run into trouble.
Some Spam Phone Numbers from Area Code 805
- 805-254-6243: Political Spam Call
- 805-259-4503: Student Loan Robocall
- 8055799184: Bank Scam Call
- 805-517-4207: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 8052304615: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 8055174233: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 8052304617: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 8052304618: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 805-517-4362: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 8055174252: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
- 805-230-4615: Telemarketing Call from Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company
How to Block 805 Area code?
If unwanted 805 area code calls arrive, it means that your number has been leaked online and scammers are trying to find and verify your identity. If you are getting a lot of unwanted calls from the 805 area code, you can choose to block numbers from these area codes.
Block 805 Area Code Calls on Android
In this section, a Samsung Galaxy S21 is used as a sample to explain the detailed steps of blocking 805 area code calls on Android.
- Step 1. Open the Contacts app.
- Step 2. Locate the contact (805) you intend to block.
- Step 3. Tap the More menu, located at the bottom right corner.
- Step 4. Hit the Block contact button.
- Step 5. Tap Block again to confirm
- Step 1. Download any mobile phone manager software and open the software.
- Step 2. After entering, open the security protection, find the harassment blocker, and click to enter.
- Step 3. After turning on the harassment blocking function, click the setting icon in the upper right corner to enter the setting interface of the mobile phone.
- Step 4. On the setting interface, find the blacklist and click to enter.
- Step 5. After turning on the blacklist function, click Add, then select Add by Region, and enter the province or area code.
Block 805 Area Code Calls on iPhone (iOS 12+)
- Step 1. Tap Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2. Tap Block/Allow List.
- Step 3. Tap the Allow tab.
- Step 4. Tap Add to Allow list and enter the range or number you wish to block moving forward.
- Step 5. Tap “Allow”.
There is another way to do this was through an iPhone app called RealCall. You can block all numbers starting with any sequence, such as an area code. There’s a 50 million limit to the total amount of phone numbers you can block, which means you can block 5 area codes. The app works really well. You can choose to have a phone number with an area code for a different state from where I live. Spammers usually spoof a number with your area code, or a nearby area code, so that way you can block all the area codes the spammers try to use and still get all the calls I want. The blocked calls go straight to voice mail, so you won’t miss anything important.