Receiving No Caller ID or unknown calls that you don’t want can be bothersome. When the calls don’t have a caller ID number on your phone, the users become victims, therefore knowing how to block calls with no caller ID on your phone is essential. This is because some unwary people have been victims of cyberbullying, which began when they answered a call from a caller whose ID was obscured.
What are the aims behind ‘no caller ID’ or spam calls, and where do they come from? Why are they so bothersome, and how do you get rid of them on your smartphone? These questions are satisfactorily answered in this article. To protect yourself and your personal information, all you have to do is pay attention to the 5-minute read and be prepared with many strategies to block these anonymous callers and unknown calls.
- What is Caller ID?
- Are No Caller ID Calls Dangerous?
- Differences between Unknown Caller and No Caller ID
- Can You Trace No Caller ID Calls
- Can You Call a No Caller ID Back?
- How to Block No Caller ID on iPhone
- How to Block No Caller ID on Android
- How to Block No Caller ID Calls with RealCall?
- Bottom Line
What is Caller ID?
Caller ID is a phone feature that, if available, displays the name and phone number of the person who is calling. The feature isn’t perfect, and it can occasionally mislead the identity of a caller. Caller ID, on the other hand, is a useful piece of information in most cases. It’s available from nearly every commercial phone company, including landline, VoIP, and mobile phone services.
Caller ID, unlike local number portability (LNP), is not governed by a regulatory body like the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Rather, the service is a patchwork of decentralized databases that frequently operate with out-of-date data.
Are No Caller ID Calls Dangerous?
Calls with “No Caller ID” indicate that the person who is phoning you has hidden their phone number. This suggests they don’t want you to have their phone number or be able to trace the call back to them. Telemarketers, nonprofit groups, and other individuals may make these calls to ask you to buy something or even steal your information and money.
More severely, even answering a single question from an unknown caller can be risky. It puts you at risk of becoming a voice phishing victim. This kind of scam is perpetrated when the person on the other line records your voice whenever you answer “yes” to their question. If the scam is successful, the scammers can use your voice recording to impersonate a customer and authorize fraudulent charges.
Differences between Unknown Caller and No Caller ID
Unknown Caller and No Caller ID are similar, but there are major differences between them.
Unknown Caller ID refers to a call from a phone number that cannot be identified by your service provider. You will see “Unknown caller” is displayed when your mobile phone screen. This may be caused by technical issues of your service provider or spam risks. Some scammers or spam callers may use a fake or temporary phone number, which can appear as an Unknown Caller.
No Caller ID means the callers purposefully block their caller ID from being displayed. The callers may block their Caller ID with a third party tool or by dialing a special prefix before the phone number they want to call. The caller can be scammers, spammers, marketers or someone who want to prank you. Sometimes, they may just not want to reveal their phone number for privacy.
Can You Trace No Caller ID Calls
Tracing a call from a “No Caller ID” can be challenging, as the caller purposely cover up their identity. However, there are still some methods that may help to find out who calls you from a no caller ID.
- Use *57: If you’re in the US, you can use the *57 feature, which is a call trace service. Dial *57 after receiving a call from a No Caller ID number. The next time the number calls, it will be traced and the police will have the information they need to track down the caller.
- Use a caller ID app: There are some caller ID apps that can help to reveal some kinds of no caller ID calls.
- Contact Your Phone Company: Your phone company may have tools to help you trace the call, especially if it’s a persistent problem. They may also be able to block the number from calling you in the future.
Keep in mind that it’s often difficult to trace a No Caller ID call, and success is not guaranteed.
Can You Call a No Caller ID Back?
When you receive a call from a no caller ID, you will not be able to see the phone number of the person calling you. Therefore, you cannot call them back using the conventional method of returning a missed call. You can trace and find out the No Caller ID number with the methods above and call it back. However, this is not recommended as many no caller ID calls may be scam.
How to Block No Caller ID on iPhone
Since no caller ID calls usually come from hidden or private numbers and your phone can not recognize them, there is no way to block the phone numbers, Fortunately, there are some other methods for blocking calls with no caller ID on your iPhone. They’re all discussed below, and you should pick the one that best suits your needs.
Method 1. Create a new contacts ➡️ 📇
When you need to prevent incoming calls from people with disguised identifications on your iPhone, this is the simplest method. It works with contacts, so you may save the number as ‘No caller ID,’ ‘anonymous call,’ or ‘unknown caller ID.’
- Start the Phone app.
- Tap Contacts when you find it.
- Find the “+” button and press it.
- Make a contact with the name “No Caller ID,” “anonymous call,” or “unknown caller ID.”
Method 2. Use Do Not Disturb ➡️ 🚫🔔
The Do Not Disturb option on your iPhone is another way to prevent calls from being received from people whose caller IDs are concealed. No caller ID calls will not trigger iPhone notifications if you use this setting. As a result, the calls are received but not acknowledged by your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Then choose ‘Focus’.
- Toggle Do Not Disturb on or off.
- When this setting is enabled, the toggle turns green, and a moon icon appears in the status bar, verifying the Do Not Disturb mode.
Method 3. Use Silence Unknown Callers ➡️ 🤫📞🆘
Silence unknown callers is a new feature in the latest iPhone models, including iPhone 10, 10 Pro, 11, 11 Pro, 12, 12 Pro, and iOS 13 settings. This option allows users to keep their phones from alerting them when they receive calls with no caller ID. It’s similar to the Do Not Disturb silencer, but it’s a little more direct. Here is how to operate:
- Get to the main menu.
- Select the Settings option from the main menu.
- To find Phone, scroll down the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ on the Phone’s menu.
- Slide the lever to the right to enable the ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ option. The toggle immediately turns green after the functionality is turned on.
Method 4. Install a Call Blocker App ➡️ 📱🛡️🚫
There are third-party call blocker apps available on the App Store that can help you block unwanted calls, including No Caller ID calls. Apps like RealCall are popular choices for this purpose.
How to Block No Caller ID on Android
“Unknown” numbers on Android refer to those that are private and do not appear on caller ID and it is annoying to have a phone in your pocket all the time ringing. So, to help you block the No Caller Id on Android, here is the normal way how to use the technique：
- On your Android, tap the phone symbol, which is normally near the bottom of the home screen.
- At the top of the Phone app screen, tap the three dots.
- In the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
- Toggle the button beside “Block unknown callers” to green, then tap “Block numbers.”
How to Block No Caller ID Calls with RealCall?
RealCall is not just an app for identifying the caller’s ID, it can become your ultimate manager of all the calls. You will see how managing all of that will become easier with this app. Starting with the fact that the app will always detect the ID of the incoming call, ending with the block of unwanted numbers. The AI Models of RealCall help stay ahead of scammers before answering unknown calls with Scam Block technologies identifying.
- Caller ID is a telephone feature that, if available, displays the caller’s name and phone number. These No Caller ID calls may be made by telemarketers, nonprofit organizations, or other individuals who want to sell you something or steal your information and money. So, it’s very necessary to learn how to block these calls.
- The steps to block No Caller ID calls are similar whether you have an iPhone or an Android: First, enter Settings, then find the Phone, and then block the unknown numbers.